Our Flu Vaccination Clinics are open for bookings. Private flu vaccinations are $25.
There has been a lot of discussion in the media recently about vaccinating against influenza this flu season. Here are the facts you need to know:
- Annual influenza vaccinations is recommended for all persons aged six months and over (unless contraindicated) to reduce their chance of becoming ill with influenza.
- Because ‘flu season’ typically affects Australia from June – September, peaking in August, May is considered the best injection month for patients to receive maximum coverage from their vaccines.
- Vaccines for the following people are free:
- All children from 6 months to less than 5 years of age.
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy (influenza and whooping cough vaccination can be given at the same time or at different times during pregnancy). More information can be found at health.qld.gov.au/clinical-practice/guidelines-procedures/diseases-infection/immunisation/research
- All aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people > 15 years of age.
- Individuals 65 years and older.
- Individuals > 6 months of age with medical conditions predisposing them to severe influenza.
Tyack Health has Flu Clinics running right throughout April, May and June. Please call 3249 5333 to book your spot. If you are planning to see your doctor around that time, your doctor may be able to offer you the vaccine during your consult. Please mention this to reception when booking your appointment.