What is Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiologists accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) are university qualified allied health practitioners. They specialise in clinical exercise prescription, health education and the delivery of exercise-based health, lifestyle and behaviour modification programs or services, for the prevention and management of chronic diseases, risk factors and/or injury. The aim of treatment is to improve functional capacity and quality of life and helping people to achieve improvements in health, fitness and wellbeing.
Services offered by Exercise Physiology
• Improving fitness, wellness and functional capacity through exercise, lifestyle modification and education
• To further your rehabilitation needs and help to fully recover from injury or surgery using tailored exercise programming to strengthen and stabilise the affected structure(s).
• Screening and risk stratification to ensure the safety and appropriateness of exercise and physical activity for the individual.
• Increase general fitness, strength, endurance and flexibility using scientifically based principles and programming
• Management and assistance with exercise based control of conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity and metabolic syndromes.
• Management of chronic postural problems using exercise modalities.
• Scientific weight loss exercise interventions
• Improving balance and decreasing falls risk
• Help to decrease stress and anxiety via prescribing appropriate exercise regimes to individuals
• Sports specific assessment, training programmes, advice and technique guidance
• Assistance with DVA, Workcover and Medicare based case management