Are you getting the full benefits of being a Tyack Health Patient?
At Tyack Health we believe in providing the highest quality of care while keeping care affordable. We passionately believe that the best care has 5 key elements;
• Holistic diagnosis and treatment – considers all aspects of each patient’s health and involves determining and treating the underlying cause of problems affecting a patient’s physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
• Integrated diagnosis and treatment - where appropriate this involves a collective team approach, particularly for more complex health issues and will often involve two or more practitioners from the same or different modalities. Even when only a single practitioner treats they are often accessing a collective of Tyack team knowledge, tests, techniques and latest innovations to achieve the best health outcomes.
• Preventive diagnosis and treatment – More than 75% of all disease states are directly or indirectly associated with poor lifestyle (daily health habits) choices. Identifying these as areas that require attention and a change strategy underpins both successful treatment and preventing the problem returning at some point in the future.
• Educational diagnosis and treatment – To achieve the best outcomes patients need to be as proactive as possible in understanding their condition and how they can enhance treatment and prevention of the problem returning.
• Options to best suit your needs – the best diagnosis, team treatment and prevention program is pointless if each patient is not highly motivated to take a proactive part in. We provide options so that you can choose a proactive or more passive approach to getting and staying well.
Tyack Health believes that our stringent in-depth practitioner selection process selects star practitioners and this process is your reassurance of high quality. Once on team, they must continue to prove themselves amongst their peers, in skills, results and how they complement the team. Collective knowledge and skills exchange (300 years of combined practitioner knowledge) is a valued part of practitioner life at Tyack Health. This richness of collective knowledge ensures that Tyack Health Practitioners appreciate the complexity of human health and gain the greatest fulfilment in caring for patients who relate best to their particular skills and approach. Our happiest patients also are those who find their best practitioner match. With this in mind we encourage you to try different practitioners until you find your best fit. Many patients tell us they find the whole team good and enjoy the benefits variety offers.
Once you find the right practitioner following a full course of treatment is advisable to get the best long term results. Some conditions unfortunately respond slower than others and will easily return if the condition does not reach a stable point. In these situations persistence will save you a lot in the long term, rather than repeated relapses.
Consider involving another modality – Another way of understanding the power of integration is involving collective minds. Tyack Health has systems in place so you can now receive co-treatment benefiting from collective minds between departments in the one visit. Talk to your practitioner about involving a second modality. Co-treatment is highly effective for numerous musculoskeletal conditions between chiropractic, physiotherapy, podiatry, exercise physiology, acupuncture and massage as well as non–musculoskeletal conditions in other modalities.
Case conference is encouraged – If at any point you feel your practitioner is doing all they can for you but you’re not getting the desired results please ask to speak with the head practitioner of that department or management so we can organise a suitable reassessment. Complex health problems often respond better in a team care environment.
Practitioner availability - Health problems are not always well timed and sometimes waiting to see your preferred practitioner will exacerbate the problem further. Tyack Health is open 7 days for your convenience and offer both early and late appointments to suit hectic schedules. We encourage you to book in when you need to with practitioners other than your preferred practitioner. Often if you let reception know who you normally see they can suggest others on team that treat most similarly. Once your preferred practitioner returns feel free to switch back to them or stay with your new practitioner, whichever you prefer.
Maximizing Your Private Health Cover – sometimes switching between departments for example, Chiropractic and Physiotherapy can help you get the continued care you need because when your health rebate runs out for one modality it will be more cost effective to get treatment from another or even multiple modalities. If this is something you might consider (depending on the problem) starting your care with chiropractic - for example - while acute and transitioning into physiotherapy for more rehab based care can have added advantages as well.