A Naturopath is a health & lifestyle coach proficient in the application of herbal medicines, nutrition remedies, lifestyle & stress management techniques. The Naturopathic philosophy is based on improving the bodies' functional capacity in a world of ever increasing toxic burdens. Your consultation aims to empower you with tools to better manage your personal health goals.
A naturopathic approach can assist with:-
Mood & Memory improvement
Pre-natal planning & Pregnancy care
Degenerative joint issues or chronic pain
Sports related nutritional support individualized to your metabolic type.
When your health is on the decline, there is much effort involved in halting any further deterioration & managing everyday symptoms. Living in Western Society, we can no longer assume that the status quo will afford us good health. Each of us has unique set points which buffer against stress, emotional upsets, chemical toxicity, poor detoxification or elimination. However, we will exhibit symptoms, if/when these set points are exceeded. Symptoms should always be seen as a sign for action! For example, pain from a cut is a signal aimed at exacting a response. If this pain signal is ignored & glass/foreign matter is left in the wound, inflammation/infection can spread & the pain worsen. If you remove the glass/foreign matter (stressor) from the wound, the body has an innate ability to heal the area and the "pain signal" will lessen & eventually cease. Likewise, even common symptoms like fatigue are telling your mind to seek out the causative factors to return to balance.
In your consultation we will look to identify patterns placing a burden on your wellbeing.
1. Causative factors that enhance your susceptibility to certain illness patterns.
2. Triggers which initiate the cascade into poor health.
3. Mediators which maintain ill health.
4. Stressors that come in many hidden forms.
Action plan steps that may be suggested include:-
1. The avoidance of reactive foods, chemical and carcinogenic deregulators.
2. The inclusion of organic whole foods, to minimize pesticide accumulation & improve nutritional intake.
3. Routine changes in sync with nature's biorhythms.
4. Improvement of elimination functions.
5. Stress response regulation for improved mental-emotional wellbeing.
The following clinical tools are available & used to gauge where your body's homeostatic balance points are:
1. Live Blood View
2. Flow system check including metabolic type panel
3. pH testing
4. Vitamin C test
5. Iris analysis
6. Functional pathology testing.
Your consultation pack, including a comprehensive questionnaire to start your health assessment will be mailed out to you on booking your initial visit.